Hero Story

This is my hero book. I was inspired by my mom, Mrs. Williams, and Mrs. Gignoux to create this book for my hero. My language arts class spent a few weeks creating and designing our books as well as writing stories about our personal heroes. Enjoy!

My Hero

Crystal Cozart Terrell

by: Heaven Terrell

Crystal Cozart Terrell is my hero and my mom. She was born on July 22, 1980. Crystal is thirty years old and will soon be turning thirty-one. She was born at Carteret General  Hospital located in Morehead City. Crystal is a registered nurse (RN). She currently lives in Roxboro, North Carolina, but is planning on moving. Crystal lives with her husband, Shiron, her daughters, Heaven and Paris, and her son Juwan.

Crystal grew up with her mom, Mary, her dad, Jarvis, and her brother, Lamont. She was born and raised in Cateret County, Morehead City. Crystal’s family was not as wealthy as other families and she had to sacrifice many things for her family. Crystal wasn’t able to have many things growing up. As a child she enjoyed reading, walking on the beach, and singing and dancing with her friends. Crystal dreamed of becoming a lawyer and prosecuting someone in court. After becoming a teenage mom, her priorities changed. She wasn’t able to do the things that all of her friends were doing. At the age of eighteen Crystal got married. For the next ten years, Crystal was a stay at home mom, while her husband worked. Crystal had always planned on being a stay at home mom, but just not at such an early age.

I chose my mom as my hero because she has great courage. I believe my hero is courageous because she raised three children at a young age. It was very rough for her to live her life this way, but she loved all of her children and still does. After raising her three children, she had the courage to go back to college to receive her nursing degree. Crystal has the courage rescue people in need. Once,she saw a really horrible car accident. She didn’t know what to do she had never in a situation like this before so she panicked. She pulled over and rescued a teenage boy from the car, and using her skills as a nurse, she saved his life.

Crystal has raised me with love and care. She’s always there when I need her. She’s the kind of person who is not afraid to show people how much she cares about them. My mom works in a retirement home and she passes by residents everyday. She always finds a way to stop and say hi or manage to shake their hand. She does that to show them that she loves them. She makes everyone feel special and cared for when they’re around her. She takes time to care about people at home and at work.

My mom is my hero because she so much fun to be around. She loves to joke around just to make someone laugh. She says that laughing and joking around makes her feel happy. When she’s laughing, she says i makes her feel like she will live another seventy  years, and sometimes like she can conquer the world. She treats her life like it’s a book and likes to create stories to go along with her life. Every night she clears her mind so the next day will be a new adventure. Her humor and fun make smile and feel happy too.My hero has impacted my life in many ways. She has raised me so that I will be able to achieve something in my  life. She is the reason that I can be who I want to be. She’s always there to help when I am hurt. She watches over me when I am sick. She’s been with me through thick and thin. She has helped me solve many problems and she fixed the things I messed up. Mostly, she’s made a difference in my life by loving me. That is why she is my hero.