Homework Over the Weekend By Ellen C.

The last school bell of the day rings, letting me know that all of the classes are over and the weekend has begun. I am so exited! I’m going to do all sorts of cool stuff this weekend! I skip back to my locker and pull it open after unlocking the lock. Suddenly I remember. Oh no! I have homework! How am I going to be able to do all of those cool things when I have homework to do?Isn’t the weekend supposed to be our time off from school to relax? I sigh and start collecting the books that I will need.

I have heard many people complaining that this is a big problem, and I personally have to agree with them. To me, the weekend is about taking time off of school to relax and get ready for the next week. Too many times, I have been stopped from doing fun things that I don’t get to do during the week because I have too much homework. I would much rather be running around outside (unless it is cold, then I would be running around inside), visiting friends, or even just sleeping! Oh well. I wish there were something I could do to change it. I know, I can’t change your mind about what you think, so I’ll have to let you decide: is homework over the weekend really necessary? Or is it all just a big waste of time? Please comment below with your thoughts.