My Wisdom Tale: The Tai Brother Dilemma

This is my Wisdom Tale that I created during Language Arts class. I also drew the illustration along with it in Adobe Photoshop.

There were once two pandas in China who were identical twins. Their names were Tai Shung and Tai Shing. They had the same spots on the same places, they both had one nostril higher than the other, and they both had an oddly small tail. Tai Shing was reading Which Bamboo Should I Choose?. He finished reading the book very quickly.
“Hey Tai Shung! You should read this book. Now I know why the black bamboo tastes bad.” Tai Shing suggested.
Tai Shung thought about it. He wasn’t much of a reader but Tai Shing said it was good. “Sure! Why not?” Tai Shung exclaimed.
Tai Shing handed the book to his twin. Tai Shung grabbed the book and quickly crawled into his dark cave. He tried to read the book quickly because he knew that if he didn’t read it, his brother would be disappointed in him. Tai Shung eventually came out and said, “What a horrible book! Who wrote this? I am, sure they have noodles for brains because this is nonsense. How could you make me read this horrid thing?”
“Oh brother, I thought you would like it because I liked it. We are identical, right?” Tai Shing whispered.
“Well then. Maybe we aren’t identical! Just.. just stay away from me.” Tai Shung screamed. Tai Shung’s screaming awoke a very wise raccoon who woke up and ran toward the screaming. Right as Tai Shung was about to leave, the raccoon came up to him and said, ”Were you the one who woke me up with your yelling?”
“Oh.. we are so sorry! My identical brother, Tai Shung, is angry at me because I suggested that he read a book I liked a lot, but he hated the book. Now he thinks we are not identical. I am worried. What do you think o’ wise raccoon?” Tai Shing asked quietly.
“Well.. then let us talk out the problem. You say you think you are identical? I agree that you are identical on the outside but not in the inside. Having differences means that you have a normal life. You do normal things. Not any panda in the land will like the book you read the way you liked it. Having differences makes you unique. Don’t let your opinion break your ongoing friendship! Have fun in your life as your self. Not as someone else.” The wise raccoon said.

Tai Shung and Tai Shing listened to the wise racoon and realized that what he said was true. They decided that it was great to be very much alike and very different  all at the same time.

One thought on “My Wisdom Tale: The Tai Brother Dilemma