The Best Gift

A nice sunny day in The town of Anchorage, Alaska. This was a special day because it was our first stop on our cruise around Alaska. I got off the ship in excitement to explore the town that we had arrived. Quickly getting off our cruise ship, we walked into the old town. At first I thought we were going to walk around the town in one morning. But no, this town was more special than just a walk around. This was where I could hang out with my dad all alone. When we got to our first stop, at a old town house we scampered into the cool house. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. The traditional house was overwhelming with the age of this house. But I wanted to know what was so important about this house, and the tour guide said that this was the first house built in entire Alaska. That was great to know but we decided to leave in search of something more interesting we stumbled across a old shop which looked like a hunting house from the outside. So we walked in. The house was actually a hunting house!! There were rifles, pistols and lots more. We looked around the store, and I found the coolest item. A pocket knife with my name and Anchorage, Alaska carved into it. I knew this would be the best souvenir. I begged my dad so I could get the pocket knife. And he finally agreed.

This is the best gift I ever got because, it was one of the only times I got to hang out with my dad all alone, and we really had a good time with each other. And also my mom would never in a million and one years buy me a pocket knife.