The Wonderful Gift of All by Dianne Kim

It was probably the most thrilling and fantastic day of my life. It was May 14, 2010. I was going to see a new family member. My dad was staying over for the spring so he drove my grandma and I to the hospital to see my baby brother. I was so excited and happy, I always wanted a little sibling and now my wish had come true. I slowly walked into the big Duke University Hospital. My dad asked a nurse and she lead us to another section of the hospital. I could see little rooms and small babies. Then the nurse switched to another nurse and the new nurse said in a polite voice,”Hello! Is Alexander Dokyum Kim your son?” My dad answered yes and she lead us to a room. She opened the door and there I saw my mom sitting on the bed in front of a small baby. I was so happy. I knew right there that was my baby brother, that the small baby wearing a hat and a yellow blanket was the new family member and my sibling. I went closer not even looking at my mom. I felt kind of sorry for her because I didn’t even say hi. But I still went to my sibling. He was so cute with small eyes, a tiny nose, a small mouth. He was adorable and so warm. My grandma let me hold him for a second. She was trembling with fright that I would drop him but fortunately I didn’t. That was probably the best day of my life. My baby brother, currently two years old and his birthday on May 14. My wonderful sibling as for a wonderful gift. He is still a cut adorable baby brother but he can be feisty sometimes. Above are some pictures of my baby brother.

3 thoughts on “The Wonderful Gift of All by Dianne Kim

1. That is adorable! It must be cute remembering that day! I can’t believe he is already two! Great job writing!