A Grown-Up for One Day by Dianne K.

If I was a grown up for one day I would do the following (none of this could be true!!!!) :

I wake up, brush my teeth, wash my face, and go to the kitchen. I brew myself a nice mug of coffee and have a bagel. Then I go outside to my car. I I I get in and drive to the Airport. I finally arrive at the airport. I always wanted to go travel somewhere on my own and that now I am an adult, I can do it. I go to the plane ticket place and get a ticket to France. I see a plane that can travel to France in one hr. I have never got a plane ticket on my own so I just did what the family next to me did. I acted all grownup like talking like what my mom would say. Then I passed through the security check. I was used to this before so I was very swift. When I passed, I went to the following gate, C12. I wait an hr or so. While waiting, I bought a cup of coffee from Starbucks. When I got on the plane I got so excited that I almost jumped up and down, like I would’ve done when I was still an 11 year old. Anyways, I tried to stay calm and sat down in my seat. Thankfully, nobody sat next to me and I could sit comfortably. After an hr worth of waiting, I arrived in France. The reason I came to France was to see the Eiffel Tower in the night. I quickly got off the airplane into the airport. I knew I would only be a grownup for a day so I had to move quickly.

I walked into the airport and head outside. I then rented a car. I drove to the Eiffel Tower. It was already 12:00. I had to grab something to eat so I went to a restaurant near the Tower. There was Es Cargo on the menu but I passed. Instead I had a nice sandwich. When I finished, it was 1:00. There were only a few more hours left until I can see the Eiffel Tower glow. I ordered a small crêpe for snack. I did some walking around the park near the resaurant. When the sun started to set, I walked through the whole block. There were singers, bakeries, stores, and plenty more. It was finally about time. It was finally dark and the Eiffel Tower glowed with more than 2,000 light bulbs. I was astonished and soon enough, I found myself taking selfies (self pictures) with my phone. I had seen what I wanted to do and now it was time to go home. I got in my rented car, drove to the airport, and flew home. Then, I got ready for be, watched some tv, not wanting to go to sleep, I slowly dragged my heavy feet to my bed and closed my eyes.

The next morning, I was back to normal. A kid, an 11 year old kid that looks like a child.

2 thoughts on “A Grown-Up for One Day by Dianne K.