If I was a GROWn UP!!! (for a day)

In LA, we are reading Cosmic, by Franc Boyce. In Cosmic, Liam Digby is an unusually tall boy for his age, and is often mistaken for an adult. What would you do if you were an adult for a day? I know that the first thing I would do would be, well, nothing. I would sleep in until twelve in the morning. After waking up, I would make myself a batch of chocolate chip cookies and eat them all myself. I would then have a limo pick me up and take me to Barns and Noble, where  I would buy all the books I ever wanted. I would have the driver take me home, where I would read and read, and read some more. For dinner, I would order an extra large cheese pizza and a side of chips. Then, I would call the Cheesecake Factory and order a slice of double chocolate-chip cheesecake. Curling up on the couch in my new home theatre, I would have a Harry Potter movie marathon, and then watch all the new movies I wish I could see.

As my eyelids start to droop on the 24th movie, I drag myself to bed and collapse, fully dressed. At twelve in the morning, my fantasy world would start to dissolve, and I realize it was just a dream.

One thought on “If I was a GROWn UP!!! (for a day)

1. This sounds like the best way to spend the day as an adult! I would definitely eat the chocolate chip cookies and watch lots and lots of movies. I also loved the way you told the reader (me) exactly what you would order from where. Very interesting I didn’t know you liked the double chocolate chip cheesecake from the cheesecake factory. Great writing, keep it up!