Hero Project

Here is my Hero, Hero Story, and my Hero Book.

Hero Story

By: Logan Fogleman

My hero is Jessica Jova and she is my horse-back riding trainer. She was born June 6, 1979 in Columbia, Missouri and moved to Noth Carolina when she was only eighteen months old. Jessica is 32 years old. She works as a veterinarian technician, and cares for horses. She lives in Chatham County. She has a husband named Bill, and one brother. When Jessica was a little girl, the first horse she owned got sick and died. Jessica says this is one of the worst things that has ever happened to her.

Also, during the first year she had her pony, she fell off at every horse show! I think this shows great determination because Jessica didn’t give up, she just keep trying.  I would get frustrated if I fell off ever time I competed in a horse show. Horse shows would not be as much  fun. That didn’t happen to Jessica though. She kept going until she got it right. Also, Jessica shows determination when her horse is not doing what it is told. She keeps trying. I admire Jessica for her determination.

Jessica is my hero because she is one of the most dedicated people I have ever met. One example of her dedication is that she feeds her three horses, Taylor, Darlington, and Logic twice a day, everyday without much help. It takes a lot of responsibility to care for horses, as I have learned. I’m not sure if I would have the passion to get up in the mornings in the cold and feed the horses and sometimes put blankets on them. Jessica also has to feed the horses at night. If I had to feed three horses I would probably have to hire someone to help me!

I also look up to Jessica for her courage. One day, we were tacking up her horse, Logic, and he spooked which in the horse world means got scared. We’d forgotten to undo the straps on Logic’s blanket before we took it off, so this. Now when a one thousand pound animal is scared, they can be very unpredictable. If you are timid and scared as well, then the horse may decide that you are not in control. This scares them even more and it gets easy for them to “push you around” or even worse, hurt you! I sometimes have that problem, but you can’t do that or things could become out of control. Because Jessica is so courageous, she didn’t freak out. She just calmly unhooked the blanket and got it off of him. She was very calm because horses can sense fear, and that might make them more nervous. The situation was under control in just a few minutes thanks to Jessica. I hope I can learn this trait from her!

Jessica has impacted my life by helping me strive for my best in horse-back riding. She also has a great personality. When I am around Jessica I fell like I should try my best. I really enjoy going to horse shows with her because I don’t get as nervous when I know someone is there to help me and make sure I know what I am doing. I had a horse show this week and it was one of the most enjoyable shows ever. I appreciate Jessica’s willingness to teach me horse-back riding very much. She also inspires me to never give up, don’t over react, and to always “put your heels down”. She teaches me a lot, and I wouldn’t be where I am in horse-back riding without her. I don’t know what I would do if I didn’t have her as my horse-back riding trainer. Thank you Jessica!