My Hero Book

This is a picture of my hero book that I made. Mrs. Gignoux, a local artist, helped me design the book.

Here is the story part I wrote about my grandfather.

My grandfather is William Ziegler Bradford. He was born in Charlotte, North Carolina on December 1st, 1931. He is currently retired and he is the son of the co-founder of the Bradford Clinic in Charlotte. When he was a child, he enjoyed being in nature very much. He began participating in boy scouts when he was twelve years old and loved camping out with the other scouts. As far back as he can remember, he always wanted to be a doctor. He was motivated to help people, and thought that medicine would be a good way to do that. He also loves playing sports and plays lots of tennis when he can.

My hero  is a very hard-working person. My grandfather has accomplished a great deal in his life all because he was willing to set goals and work toward them. He worked very hard in school when he was young to get an education, because he wanted to become a doctor. By being hard-working, he got into Davidson College, and then went to the University of Pennsylvania to continue his medical studies. Then he went to Sloan Kettering to do a fellowship in Oncology.He wanted to become a doctor because he felt a need to help others who were suffering. Because he worked so hard in school, he was able to choose a job that not only helped other people get better when they were sick, but also helped him to support his family. He visits the country of Africa and volunteers to build schools and provide resources to the children living there.

I also chose my grandfather as my hero because is he is so generous. He gives back to the community. He does this by going to Africa and building schools and doing volunteer work there. He gave about twenty people glasses who couldn’t see well and gave them the eye tests, all for free. My grandfather is also very involved in conservation of the environment. He hopes to make the world a better place for the next generation. He stays informed about issues facing our world by reading articles relating to environmental issues. He has subscriptions to National Geographic Magazine, the New Yorker, and the North Carolina Mountains Nature Report. Making time to improve our planet shows his generosity.

Another trait that my hero has is his dependability. You can count on my hero to follow through with his word. He always is there when he says he will be. He always comes to watch me play soccer and he’s always right on time to my games. My grandfather spends lots of time with us and takes us on trips. I know he is always there for us because he likes to spend time with me and my family. He is a big part of our lives and we know we can always depend on him.

My grandfather has had an impact on my life because he always wants to spend time with me. He takes me out on nature walks and shows me how to take care of Corey, his dog. My grandfather also shows me it is important to spend time with your family. We also go fishing together and vacation at his home in the mountains. I love spending time with my grandfather and look up to him. He is and always will be, my hero.