My Favorite Birthday

On July 9, 2011 I slept in more than usual, I groped around blindly for my bedside lamp and as I turned it on another light went on in my head. It was my birthday! I leapt out of bed in excitement and almost didn’t see the little slip of paper. On the sheet was go to the basement to see a surprise! I hurriedly jumped down two flights of stairs to get to the basement. I opened the door and saw, nothing. Dejectedly, I looked around for anything else that might be if interest. There, a paper! As I was running over to get it I imagined what it would say. Maybe Sorry I forgot to get you a present, from your brother or happy birthday we are so proud of you, from Mom and Dad. But it said nothing. Puzzled, I turned the paper over to see if I had missed something and when I turned around I saw my entire family smiling and singing happy birthday to you. Shortly afterward we went upstairs and my dad made pancakes for everyone and my brother told jokes and we all laughed. It was truly my favorite birthday ever.

Image from: http://www.zoo-m.com/flickr-storm/

4 thoughts on “My Favorite Birthday