Roller Coaster

We are reading the book Cosmic in Language Arts. The main character LOVES roller coasters, so for class we were assigned to sketch a Roller Coaster and write a description about what it would be.

Here is the sketch of The Certain Doom

The new Roller Coaster, The Certain Doom has just been opened to the public! Its theme is what you might think, how close you can come to CERTAIN DOOM without dying. I am so excited, after all I will be the first person to be able to go on it. Apparently, The Certain Doom itself is 1200 feet long and at its highest it is 500 feet tall. The engineer of the coaster says that certain parts of the ride can go up to 151 miles per hour, making it the fastest ride in the world. Although this raises questions about its safety, the manager of the ride reassured everyone that every probable outcome has been accounted for in the design. However, it is not recommended to go on the ride if you have a preexisting heart problem. Now, to the ride itself. The entire ride is electric powered and the “car” is stuck to the tunnel so you can actually control which speed you want to go.. The steepest drop during the ride is a 80° angle, and half the ride is spent upside down. While you are upside down, there are four corkscrews so it might be wise not to eat anything before you ride. I hope you enjoy this new ride. I know I will!