My Hero Dan C.

For LA class, we made pop-up books on our heroes. My hero was my dad. In the scene, I made him operating on a person on a table. Here is the description along with two pictures of my book.

My Hero: Flip Clifford

by: Dan Clifford

My hero is my dad. My dad, Flip Clifford was born on April 5 in New Jersey. He is currently 45 years old. Currently, my dad is the Medical Director of Triangle Orthopedics in Durham, NC. He also operates on hips and knees. My dad lives with his family which includes my sister Lexi, my mom, Dr. Sue Clifford, my dogs, Cooper and Jake and me. We live in Durham, North Carolina. My dad has lived in New Jersey and in Florida. When he was little, he went to Brookside Elementary School. Right before he went to middle school, he moved to Florida and went to a middle school called Baypoint. My dad was very athletic. He played soccer, basketball, baseball, and ran track and field. My dad didn’t get very much free time when he was young because of homework and all of his sports practices. My dad’s biggest dream was to play baseball and soccer in college. One of those dreams came true because he did play baseball for Davidson College. My dad was a very good student and liked to read the “Black Stallion” Series when he was young. Now, my dad hangs out with me whenever he can. This is a little about my amazing dad. Here are some of his heroic character traits.

My dad is very caring. He is willing to do anything to make me happy. He tries to get home very quickly so that he can meet the needs of our family. My dad is not selfish at all. My dad is willing to talk to me about anything and teach me what he is best at. My dad would rather play lacrosse out in our back yard with me than play a round of golf with his friends. My dad’s free time revolves around my family. My dad is caring to his patients also. He spends all of his day at work repairing his patients’ hips and knees. He has made his life’s work about caring for other people and I respect him very much for that.

My dad is very respectful to everyone he spends time with. He is always respectful to his partners at work. That is why they want to work with him. He always tells me to treat other people the way I would like to be treated, which is the Golden Rule. He also tries to make a great first-impression on any person he meets. My dad is also greatly respected by other people. This is another heroic trait that makes him a great role model and my hero.

My dad is also very encouraging. He always encourages me to do the best I can and have fun. He is very enthusiastic about my sports. He is the loudest one cheering at my lacrosse games. My dad also encourages me to become whatever I want to be when I grow up. He is never telling me I have to this or I have to do that when I grow up. My dad supports my choices in life and I really appreciate that characteristic in him.

My dad has influenced me in many ways. He always shows respect to every person he meets. He tries to be a great role model for me all the time. He also tells me to treat people the way you would want to be treated. My dad takes time out of his busy day to meet the needs of his family members. He always tries as hard as he can to make me happy and to put a smile on my face. My dad is always surrounded by other people by he is such an amazing person. Every one of his partners at work respects him and want to do their surgeries with him. His patients trust him and request him for their complicated surgeries. He has a very strong reputation as a doctor and as a person. To me, he is a great role model, an amazing dad and my hero.