To Have iPads, Or to Not by Sarah F.

In my personal opinion, at Durham Academy, the answer to this controversial question is clear. The iPads are a distraction and make things more complicated. If we already had an organized campus, why change it to be technology savvy? And if we really want the iPads, make everything iPads, not just half of what we do. Some teachers use them a lot, others not very much. Despite many efforts, our backpacks are not any lighter. Yes, the number of binders have decreased, but that’s only because we put all the things that should be in small, separate binders together in huge binders. Now my papers are more disorganized, confusing, and having iPads in addition to binders costs lots of money. In my opinion, iPads are a bad idea unless you go 100%!

iPaddr

2 thoughts on “To Have iPads, Or to Not by Sarah F.

1. I agree with part of what you said. I think that iPads have become a distraction, but I use my iPad a lot. Even though we still carry binders, iPads have reduced some papers, and I think Evernote and Reminders have been a huge help for me. The iPad helps me stay organized through schoolwork and studying for tests.

2. I agree with most of what you said Sarah. The iPads have caused some people in my French class to just sit down and play on iPads when you need to listen to the teacher. The iPads have also deleted my homework and I had to redo it. Then again the iPads have saved us from going down to the computer lab when we need to do something on a computer. And iPads help us get to things faster.